I know this may have worried you a lot and maybe something tells you it’s the pounded yam and fufu you have been eating are the cause of your bulging tummy!
Well, first thing is, try to be comfortable in your skin come on, look at the big children who came in from there!
Please before you go ahead to try the recipes, please don’t forget it may not work if you don’t include some conscious efforts at your diet and some exercises. Lol.
This is because, for your tummy to return to shape, you need to stretch it and burn the fats & calories in that part of your body.
Exercises you can try include pelvic exercises, sit ups and so on. Try to have a tummy workout at least 1 per day even if it’s just for 15 minutes. It could be in your bedroom or in a corner at the office at break time.
- 1 handful zobo /sobolo /sorell leaves
- 1 pineapple
- 4 pieces ginger
- 2 pieces garlic
- 1 whole lemon (sliced) or 3 sprigs lemongrass
- 4 leaves of Green Tea
- Rinse the Zobo leaves and other ingredients, set aside
- Cut the pineapples into tiny pieces along with the bark
- Now place all ingredients on heat to cook for 20 minutes with
- Sieve and drink always warm or hot.
Take this drink at anytime of the day, especially at bedtime.
This is not suitable for pregnant or nursing moms of at least their first 12 months. If you belong in this category, try to exclude the zobo and take the whole drink only once or twice a week.
If on a special diet, please consult with your doctor or dietitian before taking this.
Bonus Pepper-soup Recipe
I am not sure if this sounds like your regular traditional pepper-soup, but it worked for me, so maybe it can help you too.
You can use a choice of chicken, goat meat, or fish for this recipe.
- 500g fish, chicken or goatmeat
- 1 tablespoon peppersoup spice
- 2 pieces ginger
- 2 pieces garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 handful basil leaves (Efinrin)
- Cayenne pepper or any dried pepper of choice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- Sprinkles of lemon or lime juice.
- Seasoning & salt to taste
- Clean and season your goatmeat or chicken
- Place on heat to cook till soft
- Clean all other ingredients and cook with the goatmeat or Chicken for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with cold pap, or as a meal on its own.